Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sundin

Ok so I'm not sure how many that read this care or know about hockey but I have to write this.

Mats Sundin signed with the Vancouver Canucks today. Honestly I supported the guy as a Leaf, and last year when he wouldn't waive his no trade clause because he wanted to stay a Leaf, and didn't want to be a rental player cause he didn't believe in it ... I didn't like the decision but supported it. I mean for a guy who says he is so thankful to this organization the best thing he could have ever done is take the trade and set them on a road to be better for years to come. Again he signed the no trade clause and thus earned it. It's just all the talk and reasons behind it that stink worse than most of the hockey bags I can't stand the smell of after guys leave them in their trunk all week long.

He wanted to stay a Leaf and wanted to not be a rental player. The leafs offered him a contract if he came back for as much money as he's worth. I don't care if Vancouver wants to spend 10 million on him he is a good player, but not that good. The leafs are really not that bad of a team, they are 9 points behind the canucks but the canucks have played 2 more games. And if you aren't a rental player ... then don't wait till 1/3 of the way through the season to sign with a team. This year he is a rental player for Vancouver, he waited to see how the season was going. I like Canadian team, for the most part outside of Montreal I cheer for them, but I hope Vancouver fizzles out, I hope they miss the playoffs. I don't understand his choices, he goes to a team that is going to have go through San Jose and Detroit to even make it to the finals ... Maybe he'll fit in there, maybe Vancouver will be a really good team as a result of him being there, but a guy that seemed to gain so much respect cause he wanted to stay and help this organization lost all of it. He cost the organization, and smudged his character with how he dealt with it.
So "Rental Sundin" thanks for some great years in TO and for the kick in the head on the way out ... out from a city that embraced you even though you never brought the cup they thought you would bring.

No comments: