Friday, December 12, 2008

Hockey


Well since I started playing goalie a couple years ago I've pretty much stopped playing out in hockey. I didn't play at all last year and once the year before I think, and the same the year before that. Needless to say, it's been almost 3 years with out playing at all. In the mean time I acquired a new pair of skates that I have never worn, and a new stick I have never used. I went last night and played with some guys in St. George. I guess goalies don's show up here and there and so I took both sets of equipment, but both goalie showed this week so I played out. I was the oldest guy on the ice - most seemed to be 20. I actually did alright though - scored 2 goals, and only fell flat on my face once. Not bad for an old guy - it was great to get back out and play. Surprisingly I'm not sore today either.

2 comments:

Michael Krahn said...

The fact that you didn't break anything confirms that God's hand was on you.

Jon Wise said...

Oh man, I don't want to be a part of anything where 30 is "old"!!