Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas

I read a story recently about a guy in Tokyo that was doing interviews on the street - asking people about Christmas. One of the responses he got both made me laugh but as well made me really think about where our culture is and how unfortunately true the statement was. A lady responded,

"Isn't it the time of year we remember the death of Jesus".

I mean in some ways I want to know what bubble she has been living in, but in the same sense I look at what CHRISTmas has become and understand a little.

When you think about it, its the leading holiday that has pushed Christ out of everything. It's the holiday season, Merry xmas, the holiday tree. This has infiltrated so much more than this, but really the more Christ gets forgotten in Christmas - the more that statement becomes true. It seems the day is coming when more people may know the other meanings of Christmas and not have a clue about the real meaning.

No comments: