Thursday, December 11, 2008

More Christmas


We all enjoy a little Charlie Brown. I showed this to 70 Jr. Highs last night and they loved it. As I watched this again, I was struck with the reminder about the gift that we were given. To often we stop at the miracle of the virgin birth at Christmas. I don't say this to downplay this - I think the virgin birth is one of the most amazing miracles ever. I was reminded of it this week when watching HOUSE. I won't be able to relay this right but I'll try. The idea is that genes could mutate and somehow by a "medical miracle" a woman could conceive a child without ever having sex. In the show House lied to make a couple who was engaged believe this, but it was untrue.
We can't question that validity of this (virgin birth), it is as essential to us as Christ's resurrection. Which takes me back to my original thought - the verse the Linus quotes when talking about the meaning of Christmas. Found in Luke - I'll let you look it up your self. But often what gets lost in all the talk about Jesus being born, the star, the shepherds, the wisemen and stable ... the fact that when Jesus was born, they called Him

Saviour

We don't just celebrate Jesus birth at Christmas. We celebrate the coming, the realization, of our Saviour.

No comments: