Monday, February 4, 2008

The Underdogs

Well after a great Sunday of watching the Superbowl, that included a great game (I might be bias since I was cheering for the Giants) we headed to Hermosa Beach to watch Jay Leno do stand up. We were in the third row, and I'm not gonna lie to you Jay waved at us as we drove away. Elisabeth and I left as soon as he left the stage, but they wouldn't let anyone out until he was in his car. We got out and started walking down the street and I was moving my wallet that was in my hand when Jay drove by, and I guess assumed I was waving, so he glanced over and waved at us. All in all a pretty cool night.

So the underdog Giants won, which made out for a great game. I think most were expecting a blowout and the Tom Brady show to continue. Personally I think the Tom Brady show better when he is frustrated and getting knocked around all the time. But most didn't give the Giants a chance, most thought maybe they could keep it close for a while but then in time they would give in to the potent Pats offense. I have to be honest that wasn't the only "underdog" lesson I learned this Sunday. We went to Philip's church here in LA this Sunday, I got a chance to talk to them about Global Reach stuff. But it really got me thinking - not sure yet if it was an attitude thing or a faith thing yet - still working through that. But I'd say about 15 people were there, and yet they still run things like the place was full. they bring in speakers, have a good sound system, spend a lot of time praying through and getting ready for the service, thinking through songs, offering, and how to help their community. It really got me thinking to the times when we'd cancel youth cause not enough people would be there. It's not worth our time. Yet everyday, they work in faith with the flock God has given them that day.

What flock has God blessed you with? You family? Your friends that need it? A small group you lead? or a entire church? Whatever it is just be faithful, cause in reality you are the underdog.

No comments: