Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Irony of it all

So While at Bedlam back in November I realized I had made the trip without a towel. I knew that not showering for the weekend wasn't a good option, and I didn't feel like using a t-shirt which is my usual fall back at hockey when I've forgotten a towel. But I thought I had hit the Jackpot when I found the floor mat, which is really just a small not so soft towel. For that weekend I used this mat to dry off with.

I was back there just this past weekend, and as we were packing the house and frantically trying to get everything together, I forgot my laptop, my boots, and my sleeping bag, but I made sure to bring a towel, I think it was the first thing in my bag. As much as it was a blessing to have the mat, it wasn't anywhere near ideal.

As I got to my room someone mentioned there might be a set of sheets and a blanket in the top drawer that there had been for the other weekends. I opened the drawer to find just that - a set of sheets, a blanket, a pillow and ..... a towel. Actually there was 2 one in each dresser. Apparently while I was using a floor mat to dry off with there were 2 - really nice towels there all along.

I think the funniest part of it (and I did find it pretty funny) is that as I walked out of my room and ran into Greg and just had to tell him about it on the way to breakfast, he told me after I finished that he had just used the mat in his room, and he was going to look in his drawers.

2 comments:

Becca said...

haha .. i love that.
aw greg's the coolest!

you FEB guys must think the same..

Unknown said...

wow, thats hilarious. i can't say i would have ever thought to use the floor mat...