Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The BIG 30

So the last week has been full of comments about how old I am, funny thing is some are older than me :) Here are some of my responses.

I'm 30 and can still out run you ....

Well since you were already dating when I was born that makes you really old ...

When asked if I feel old, no in the words of some of the teens from Faith "You are still as immature as ever" I think I take that as a compliment.

So what did I do, well we went to Chicago for the weekend a week before and did something I've always wanted to do, visit Notre Dame.

But whats the biggest thing that happened/I learned at the ripe old age of 30?

Well first of all if you say "I'm ready for a step of faith ..." get ready cause you never know what God has in store. We signed the papers to sell our house on my bday, and have till Feb 1 to move out. We have no house to move to.

Another lesson, which is more of something confirmed than learned new - step out in faith and watch as God unfolds what he has in store. Not more than 20 minutes after signing, God already started to work out the details of interim housing.

Lastly - watch what you ask for - we said we wanted to step out in faith, and things have been continual steps of faith since then, please don't take this as complaining, I'd have it no other way.

8 comments:

Becca said...

just for the record.. i can out run you. but then again i'm 17. :)

the way you've taken on stepping out is amazing and is the reason that people look up to you so much. keep going cause your changing lives while God's changing yours.

Hymer said...

Are you kidding me? Out run me, you barely make it from your bed to the computer.

Becca said...

ohhhhh low blow.. and i so can/could if i wanted to! (but i want to make sure you still have some confidence of course)

andy said...

i dunno i somewhat out ran you soo i think becca soo could...plus as you get older more of an old fart you get..but then again you act like a youngin so i dont think that will ever happen

Becca said...

hahaha awww... now i feel bad.
you're really speedy mark, reallllly reallllly speedy :)

Hymer said...

Hey Andy, do I need all the people that saw you in Duct tape to remind you that I out ran you :)

Becca said...

okay.. so now i feel bad for andy.. for 2 reasons. ;)

Hymer said...

We still love you Andy!