Monday, December 17, 2007

Why do these things exist



So we got a new vehicle to us just a little while ago and we love it, but there is one fairly peculiar thing about it that I just couldn't help but talk about it. So our Rendezvous has one of the information centers in it that tracks all kinds of things which is great for me with me when traveling so much by myself. I am weird .. I know that so no need for anyone to point that out. In that weirdness I enjoy Math, I really do, so the little gadgets on their keep my occupied as I constantly look at the different things and try to figure out all kinds of things in my head. I won't even try to explain cause those like this already understand, and those who don't, just won't. So the one thing it has is the monitor that tells you how many km's you have lfet on the gas you have. Now its funny to me to watch it go up and down and realize how inaccurate it can be, but even funnier than that is the fact that when the low fuel gage comes on .. it won't tell you how many km's are left anymore. I mean if there is a time when you want to know how many are left that would be it, it's great and all the I know that it says 607 when I fill it up and guaranteed that won't be how many I get to the tank and I guess if I pay attention to what it is when its around 65 which seems to be close to where it shuts off, but not always, sometime higher and sometimes lower.

So thank you Buick for the big Yellow sign that comes up to tell me I'm low on gas, but won't let me know how low that is!

3 comments:

General Maximus said...

Pontiac does it as well. I fully agree. My Jeep though tells you down to the last kilometer so it's great.

Jon Wise said...

i had a boss who's car did it -- all the way to empty. one day he was driving when he noticed that it said he had "2.1 km left." He figured that was just a guestimate, and that he'd make it to the next gas station. In exactly 2.1 km, his car stopped.

Lincoln Towncar, in case you really really want that feature in your next car.

Hymer said...

Ya our old mini van had the on it and I actually rode it to 0 one day :) luckily the gas station was a km away and I made it.