Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas


Well Hope everyone had a great Christmas, it was a different one for me, still busy but not 5 different Christmas parties this year, which in a way I missed

So After having 3 days in a row of turkey before Christmas, we were suppose to have turkey again on Christmas day like I have for the past 20 something years depending on what age I was when I started eating turkey. But we made a big switch this year and had my favorite meal ... RIBS. So it was a little different since we I was so use to having turkey on Christmas day with everything else that we do the same every year. Even though it was different it was good, I do love Ribs. So in that I realized something that was mentioned to me on the weekend - turkey doesn't really make you tired. Whatever the thing in turkey is that people have claimed for years that puts you to sleep isn't really in abundance in turkey. Its in many other foods at the same level. It's that we eat so much of it that makes us tired. We always seem to over eat on these days. Since I love ribs so much this was a great time to check this out so I over ate - for scientific reasons of course.

What was the verdict, I was just as tired and felt like falling asleep after ribs as any other day I can remember eating turkey. So in my version of mythbusters, which was more exciting than the show has been lately, the myth that turkey makes you more tired - myth "busted"

So as I break more and more myths about the Christmas season and things linked to it, its great as I research to find my belief in Jesus birth and the power of God that was involved in it more and more amazing.

Merry CHRISTmas

1 comment:

Becca said...

not gunna lie, i laughed when i read you had ribs for christmas.. thats the way to go. maybe it'll spark a new fad?