Thursday, May 29, 2008

When Apologies don't work


I'm sure the lady that called our house 5 times last night and once that we know of the night before was feeling alot like this picture.
It seemed at first one of those thing where a person just can't hit the right numbers on the phone. She kept calling back, and unfortunately saying she didn't speak english very well is an understatement. So after Elisabeth had talked to her enough that she didn't want to again I answered the phone. I tried to be nice ... I hope I was, but I just told her that it was the wrong number and please don't call it again. No idea what she said ... I couldn't understand - I just repeated its the wrong number and not to call. We had only got the phone the day before and other than my sister calling me once, this lady was the only call we received.
It all seemed a bit weird so Elisabeth called Rogers. From what I understand somehow we did get this lady's ... husband's (we are thinking she was saying) number. How not sure, luckily we hadn't started giving many our number yet, cause we got a new one.

So I'll likely never talk to that lady again, her calls won't come to us anymore, but to her I say I'm sorry. You may have been telling me you just called the Number on Monday and it worked and wondered how it wasn't now. It's funny for me, but likely it sucked for her.

No comments: